Four winners have been named in the Fritt Ord Foundation Competition for Upper Secondary School, and four entries won diplomas for honourable mention. The Fritt Ord Foundation Competition for upper secondary school is an annual competition that invites pupils to submit entries about freedom of expression and democracy. This year's theme was "Drawing as a form of expression", and the deadline for submission was 1 March 2019. No fewer than 240 entries in a variety of genres were submitted by the deadline: texts, drawings and comic strips, photographs, animated films, documentaries and digital media productions.
The awards ceremony is scheduled for Friday, 7 June 2019, at the comic strip festival Oslo Comix Expo. At that time, the winning entries will be published, along with the jury's grounds.
- Linn Isabel Eielsen, 3rd year at Skeisvang Upper Secondary School in Rogaland County, for the comic strip "Not a number".
- Aslak Nikolai Kolding, 3rd year at Hjalmar Johansen Upper Secondary School, for an animated film.
Honourable mention diplomas
- Mathias Kartveit Mikalsen, 2nd year at Bodin Upper Secondary School in Nordland County for the media production "A few lines that turn into things".
- Kirsti Karina Dahl Sæternes, 1st year at Olav Duun Upper Secondary School in Trøndelag County for the text "The boy in his mother's poncho"
The jury consisted of:
- Marie Schønsee, 2nd year at Bodin Upper Secondary School, for the drawing "Hypocrisy"
- Halvor Hustveit Mjaugedal, 3rd year at Rosenvilde Upper Secondary School for the comic strip "The Masterpiece"
- Nanna Tao Karlstrøm, 3rd year at Bærum, for the comic strip "Yogurt cup in the wrong bin"
- Livia Emilie Valenti Stokke and Joachim Maksim, 2nd year at Gjøvik Upper Secondary School for the media production "What are you worried about?"
- Anja Selmer, former winner of the Fritt Ord Foundation competition
- Bianca Boege, Newspaper Artists' House in Drøbak
- Joachim Laberg, Nordahl Grieg Upper Secondary School in Bergen
- Jostein Saxegaard, Rosenvilde Upper Secondary School in Bærum
- Morten Harper, comic strip author
- Siri Dokken, illustrator and professor of Satirical Drawing at the Oslo National Institute of the Arts