The call for applications for participation in Perspektivy's cross-border journalism programme "Central Asia-mix" is now open.
This is a new opportunity for Russian-speaking journalists looking for the chance to develop their skills in reporting, global media standards and in working in international teams on cross-border issues where countries of Central Asia are involved.
This programme will involve workshops on basic journalistic skills on reporting in global media standards, as well as field exercises where participants work in teams with the support of experienced mentors, developing cross-border projects. Participants may undertake short research trips (1-3 days) in Central Asia in order to better understand issues in the region.
Participation is free of charge. Travel, accommodation and other small costs will be covered by the Perspektivy programme; including pre-approved costs of the research trips.
Provisional place of the programme is Almaty, Kazakhstan.
- 6-20 November 2019 – long-distance (video-conferences and chats) team work on project topics discussions and research trips planning together with the Perspektivy mentors and Alumni based in Central Asia
- 20-23 November 2019 – workshops on reporting regional issues in global media standards
- 23 November 2019 – teams meet up and work on projects with the support of the Perspektivy mentors
- 24-26 November 2019 – dates of the research trips, agreed costs are subject to reimbursement by the Perspektivy programme
- 27 November 10 December 2019 – long-distance phase to produce projects
The application deadline is 31 October 2019. Successful candidates will be informed by e-mail on 6 November 2019.
Please click > HERE < to start the online application
The programme is available to middle and early-career Russian-speaking journalists and freelancers working in Russia, Eastern Europe, the Baltic States, the Caucasus, and Central Asia, who have not participated in any previous Perspektivy programme activities.
Candidates should have 3-17 years of professional experience, and should work and produce stories in Russian.
Perspektivy is a joint initiative by the Thomson Reuters Foundation, the Robert Bosch Stiftung and the Fritt Ord Foundation.